The BLCTA Executive Committee met in regular session on November 2, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. at the BLHS for the November meeting.
A motion was made by Kevin Soos and seconded by Kelly Naylor to call the November
meeting to order.
The BLCTA President, Jeff Merrill, called the meeting to order.
Those present were:
President- Jeff Merrill BLHS –
Vice President-Jenn Murray Mystee Carter
Treasurer – Kelly Naylor
Secretary- Karen Yanda Junior High – Kevin Soos
North Elementary – Allison Bartek South Elementary- Jen Murray
West Elem. –Patty Tustin
Names are still needed for the committee list.
Kelly Naylor gave the treasurer’s report. We have a balance of $11,525.30 in the
Discussion was held on the following items:
* Staff is not receiving e-mails of the board minutes.
* We would like to have an agenda prior to board meetings so executive members can be put on the agenda to discuss items in a timely manor.
* President Merrill spoke with Mr. Luther on the need for a committee on SLO/shared
attribution. A committee will be formed.
* Concerns were voiced on the issue about the safety app and also the issue of everyone not having access to the internet to use it. Research Cease and Desist for APP.
* The basketball grievance has ended as teacher did not show up for meeting with the
The Buckeye Local seniority list was distributed and will be posted in each building.
The contract states that administration needs to provide the state of the district report on
professional development day during regularly scheduled hours. How will this be handled?
The President with speak with Mrs. Leonard over mileage for related arts travel on
professional development day.
We have 148 members presently.
The next Executive meeting is Wednesday December 6th, 2017 at Buckeye Local High
School at 4:00 p.m.
The next Board of Education Meeting is Monday, November 20, 2017 at the Central
Office at 6:30 p.m.
A motion to adjourn was made by Kevin Soos and Seconded by Patty Tustin.